Job hunting is a part of life. As this Macleans article “Bay Street lawyer blues” points out, many female lawyers think that the pasture is greener on the other side. The best advice that I can give law students out there is to get a taste of all the different fields out there while you’re still in law school. I spent time in a plaintiff’s firm, a defence firm, a non-profit agency and a corporate in-house department before I settled on what I think is the ideal job for me. You have three years; it’s well worth the time to explore your options.
- “Mommy penalty” and “Daddy bonus” in law firms
- Glass ceiling?
- Spend X amount on your law degree…then stay home
- “Feminist Law Firm”?
- First trimester craziness continues
- Working Women And Pregnancy
- Funding for maternity leave for small firms?
- Appointments and Disappointments
- W.I.L.D. Woman: Bella Abzug
- Chatelaine 80th Anniversary