I was struck again by the progress that women lawyers have made in the short time that we have been permitted to practice after reading this article describing recent celebrations of the 85th anniversary of the admission of Carrie Morrison, the first female solicitor (in England/Wales). Despite the progress, there are, of course, still worrying themes like the retention ratios. Perhaps by the 100th anniversary all things will be equal… women will want to stay in the practice and more men will find that being a stay at home dad is their true calling…
- “Mommy penalty” and “Daddy bonus” in law firms
- Glass ceiling?
- Spend X amount on your law degree…then stay home
- “Feminist Law Firm”?
- First trimester craziness continues
- Working Women And Pregnancy
- Funding for maternity leave for small firms?
- Appointments and Disappointments
- W.I.L.D. Woman: Bella Abzug
- Chatelaine 80th Anniversary